Sunday, April 24, 2011

NEW AWARD TITLE

Since graduating the Hammond School in July 2010 I made my professional debut aboard the Silver cloud working as a professional dancer. Everyday I am learning so much and hopefully I will continue to work as a professional for as long as I can. However being a dancer holds so many areas that I need to consider for future and with it being such a competitive industry I know that its not the most reliable job in the world. I need to ask myself what would happen if I was to become injured and do I want to do this career for ever? Personally I would love to travel more see more of the world and gain as much experience as I can, after all I know that I am in the best position to do so as I am young with little responsibilities. However looking into the future I would also love to pass on this knowledge to others and I know that the best dance teachers are the ones who have made it and have all this experience behind them.
“The award I seek as a result of doing this programme is BA (Hons) Professional Practice (Dance Education & Career Development)”
Whilst not having a definite question for my line of enquiry I know that I do have a large selection of ideas that I wish to explore, ultimately increasing my knowledge and success as a professional dancer and allowing me to pass it on to upcoming young and inspired dancers as a teacher, something I aspire to achieve in the future.
Dance Education
First I knew that I had to involve the word dance, if I didn’t then for starters nobody would know that it was my professional practice! This is the professional practice that I have chosen and it is this that has allowed me to do this course as I previously gained my National Diploma in Professional dance. Dance is what I’ve done since a young age and now it is the buildings of my professional practice.
Education, this word applied to me because of the amount of knowledge and information I have learnt on this course but also the amount of information that I will take away and apply into my teaching. I will be educating my own students on dance and so the first part of my title made it seem extremely versatile as I could apply it to now and hopefully to in the future.
Career Development
After completing my work I want to take something from this course that will benefit me as a professional dancer to prolong my career for as long as I can and to help me in this tough industry that I have chosen. Looking into the future I want to apply the knowledge that I have learnt and pass it onto the next generation of young and inspiring dancers that have the same goals and aspirations as myself, hopefully to develop and trigger off there own careers and to enter the exciting world of dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment